71060 Oil Thermostat Kit

Maintaining proper oil temperature is critical in today's sophisticated engines. Installation of an auxillary oil cooler helps keep the oil below the 200° F maximum temperature. However, installation of a remote oil thermostat, in addition to an oil cooler, will help warm the oil up to operating temperatures faster. That is a plus at start-up or on cold days when the oil is thick and takes longer to get into the oil galleys.
When oil temperatures exceed 180° F the thermostatic valve closes, allowing 95% flow through the oil cooler. At temperatures below 180° F the valve is open with 90% of the oil bypassing the cooler while the remaining 10% of the oil flows through the cooler. This maintains constant system pressure, preventing air pockets and eliminating cold oil shock. Flows up to 20 GPM and rated to 200 p.s.i. Thermostat system includes four brass fittings, four stainless steel hose clamps, mounting hardware, and fully illustrated instructions.

• Prevents overcooling of engine or transmission
• Get up to operating tempetures quicker
• Helps maintain correct oil temperatures when using a cooler

  • Item #: 71060

71060 Oil Thermostat Kit

Price: $117.31
* Marked fields are required.
Qty: *